Friday 18 December 2015


Yuletide Dreams.

I wandered through a wonderland, where twinkling stars adorned a pale blue sky.
The moon was shyly rising, as the setting sun gazed back with fondness in his eyes.
Some gentle greens, - like soothing balm, were spread across the sleepy violet hills.
Ah! Such a land as this could be the cure for many, many ills.

The crisp clear air felt mild and calm, - despite the snowflakes speckled on the trees.
This wistful winter landscape filled my pondering mind with happiness and ease
The tiny icicles that hung from every tree were chiming with a tuneful harmony.
And childhood thoughts, of gift-filled sleighs, came tumbling back to me.

Above the frosty grass, the ghosts of many flowers were swaying gently in the wind.
They sparkled on the slender stems, like crystal memories that waited for the spring.
The tiny folk who sang so sweetly, stole my heart and bound me to this awe-inspiring place
I write this note to any who would miss me, - should I disappear, this night, without a trace.

Patrick W Kavanagh   18/12/2015

Art by Bill Oliver   boysoblue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment