Saturday 22 October 2016

Angels Born Sleeping


Angels Born Sleeping.

I am sorry that my passing caused you so much heartache and such pain.
Although my sleeping form looks still and cold, - I am reborn again.
A higher call has summoned me to worlds beyond your sight.
And I am in a place of love and wonder, - and delight.

I will visit often, though you may not know that I am near.
But, if you listen carefully, who knows what you may hear.
My quiet voice will whisper words of comfort and of love,
For I have had the grace of being chosen by the one above.

Your sacrifice and sorrow will have never been in vain.
For our spirit lives forever and we all will meet again.
But I must be a messenger of hope and love to many who are born.
For I am now a light, to all who wait in darkness, for a bright new dawn.

Do not grieve too long for me or shed too many tears.
For I have risen far above all grief and left behind all sorrows and all fears.
I know you wished to be my guide and my protector and to share in all my joys.
But, soon enough, we'll meet again beyond the starry skies.

Patrick W Kavanagh.
16/10/2016
Art by Bill Oliver



No comments:

Post a Comment