Sunday 6 December 2015

Away For Christmas




Away for Christmas
As the trees light up with hope and joy, you seem so far away
And yet I feel your hand, so softly clasping mine.
I feel the warmth of memories so fresh and clear,
and in my heart, I know that you are truly near.
Although my heart will ache and tears will burn,
I know, deep in my heart,- you will return.
As we place the presents underneath the tree,
I sense you standing next to me
Hearts that love will never really be apart,
Hearts that hope, will have their hopes fulfilled one day.
This has always been Loves law, and this has always been Love's way.
And I will wait, until my waiting days, and all my waiting years, have passed away.
I will put away all thoughts of sadness, for the sake of those who I hold dear.
Even in our darkest hour, there is a Light that shines,- the love of those for whom we care.
I will hold you safe within my heart, and we will meet again,
I know that this is true, although I may not know for certain, when.
May you rest in Summer-land until Our hearts are healed.
And I will hold you in my arms one day, when Life's true Beauty is Revealed.
Patrick W Kavanagh
15/12/2013.
Art by Bill Oliver   boysoblue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment